Caroline C. Vincent, Esq.
Case Manager: Eve Thorstens
Tel: (310) 201-0010 Ext. 147
Caroline C. Vincent, Esq., a pioneer attorney neutral in Southern
California, has mediated and arbitrated well over 1,500 matters during
her distinguished 25 year neutral career. Ms. Vincent brings a broad
legal background with some of California’s most prestigious firms to the
table, which coupled with her superb interpersonal skills, keen
intellect and perseverance make her a preferred choice for both
plaintiff and defense attorneys in a wide variety of practice areas.
Prior Legal Experience
• Specialized in corporate, real estate and commercial transactions at:
o Carlsmith Ball
o Morrison & Foerster
o Rogers & Wells
• Private practice, specializing in large and small business matters, real estate matters, estate planning/probate and personal injury law
• UCLA Extension, Certificate in Environmental Law, 1993
• J.D., University of Southern California Law Center, Law Review, 1978
• B.A., Newcomb College of Tulane University, 1971
Employment: Caroline Vincent has mediated every conceivable kind of employment dispute including gender, sexual orientation, age, race, religion, national origin and medical condition discrimination; racial and sexual harassment; pregnancy and family leave act; disability; wage and hour disputes; breach of contract; constructive termination, retaliation, trade secrets and whistleblower disputes.
Commercial/Contracts: Caroline Vincent has mediated and arbitrated hundreds of business disputes in a wide variety of areas. She has experience in corporate and partnership dissolutions, franchise disputes, license agreements, intellectual property disputes, joint ventures, non-profits, secured transactions, license agreements, and international business transactions. In addition, Caroline Vincent brings a high-end transactional background to the table which includes industry expertise in radio stations, hotels, garment industry, health care, high technology and inventions, and banking and lender representation.
Real Estate: Caroline Vincent has mediated or arbitrated more than 500 real property related disputes, including numerous construction defect claims of all sizes. During her 25-year legal career, she devoted several years to high-end transactional practice, with significant experience in commercial, residential and industrial development, construction and permanent financing (representing developers, tenants, lenders and borrowers), syndications, acquisitions, sales and exchanges, leasing, landlord/tenant, condominiums, shopping centers, hotels, office buildings, commercial and industrial centers, owner's associations, CC&Rs, title and title insurance, foreign acquisitions and dispositions, foreclosures, short sales & work outs, CERCLA and related environmental matters.
Personal Injury/Insurance: Ms. Vincent has resolved hundreds of injury and insurance related disputes, ranging from simple auto accident to complex matters, including overlapping injuries, premises and toxic tort liability issues, UM/UIM, multiple defendants, first party claims, coverage claims, bad faith and SIU matters.
Probate/Elder Abuse: Ms. Vincent is adept at resolving complex family relationship matters involving custodial care, accounting, fraudulent transfer, heir ship disputes and the management and disposition of assets. In over 100 probate, trust, will contests and financial elder abuse matters, she has successfully used her interpersonal skills combined with her ability to craft creative and practical business, real estate and family centered solutions.
Notable cases include:
• Computer Technology Dispute: Successfully mediated $200 million trade secret dispute between public company and former CEO/founder
• Pigford v. Glickman: Senior member of peer review team, including adjudication of over 1,000 claims by African American farmers against U.S. Department of Agriculture
• Sexual Harassment: Pre-suit claim by managerial employee against publicly known CEO involving allegations of sexual assault & battery
• Probate Dispute: Complex trust dispute over management and control of multimillion dollar business trust, between partner of deceased husband (business trustee) and wife and children of deceased husband’s estate, residuary beneficiaries of business trust
• Real Estate Partnership: Arbitration of real estate broker partnership dispute and dissolution, involving distribution of national real estate brokerage franchise rights, usage of business name, allocation of commissions.
Honors, Memberships, and Professional Activities
• Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Santa Monica Bar Association and State Bar Employment, Real Property, Business, Estate and Trusts & Litigation Sections
• Court ADR Panels: Los Angeles Superior Court (Pro Bono, Party Pay, Probate Mediation, Neutral Evaluation); Orange County Party Pay Mediation Panel; US District Court, Central District Settlement Officer Panel
• Life Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles; Board of Governors 1995-2003
• Executive Committee, ADR Section of Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1992-1994
• ADR Subcommittee, State Bar of California Middle Income Committee, 1989-1992
• Operating Committee of Dispute Resolution Services, Inc., 1984-1991
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the contents of this web site and any other statements contained herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be represented as legal advice in any way.