Hon. Richard O. Frazee, Sr.
Case Manager: Haward Cho
Tel: (949) 863-9800
Judge Richard O. Frazee served for 17 distinguished years on the
Orange County Superior Court, having been appointed in 1987 to the
Superior Court by Governor George Duekmejian. He spent the last decade
of his judicial career devoted to hearing civil matters. He served
several years for the Family Law and Probate courts and ultimately as
Supervising Judge of those courts.
Judge Frazee began his career in law in 1967, joining a law firm in Pomona that specialized in Civil, Corporate, Probate and Trust matters. In 1970, after three years in the firm, he formed a partnership with two attorneys in Santa Ana, specializing in civil litigation, including Real Estate, Homeowners Association matters, Estate Planning and Probate. He was in private civil practice for twenty years prior to taking the bench. Concurrent with that private practice he was Assistant City Attorney for Fountain Valley, California (1970-76).
Judge Frazee was also Adjunct Professor of Law at Pepperdine University School of Law from 1970 to 1978, teaching courses in Civil Procedure, Ethics and Trial Practice.
Judge Frazee's extensive legal experience brings together 20 years as a civil litigator, while sharing 6 of those years with additional duties as an assistant city attorney, 17 outstanding years as a trial judge, and 3 years experience as a private dispute resolution professional. Attorneys have counted on Judge Frazee to resolve a wide range of civil disputes, ranging from Business and Commercial Contract, Real Estate, Probate, Family Law, Malpractice (Legal, Professional, and Medical), and Personal Injury.
LEGAL CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• Superior Court Judge, Orange County, CA (1987-05)
• Private Practice, with an emphasis on personal injury,
business law, estate planning and probate matters (1976-
• Adjunct Professor, Pepperdine University School of Law, "Trial Practice - Civil Procedure, Legal Ethics and Law Office
• Partner, Stewart, Woodruff & Frazee, specializing in civil
litigation including real estate, homeowners association
matters, estate planning, trust and probate (1970-76)
• Young, Henrie & McCarthy, specializing in civil, corporate,
probate and trust matters (1967-70)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
• J.D., Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, CA (1966)
• B.A., Business Administration, UCLA (1961)
• Former Member, California Judges Association (1988-05)
• Former Member, Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
• Former Member, Orange County Bar Association (1970-87)
• Former Member, Pomona Valley Bar Association (1967-70)
• Former Member, California Trial Lawyers Association (1967-
• Member, UCLA Alumni Association (1961-Present)
• Member, Hastings Alumni Association (1966-Present)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Real Estate
• HOA Matters
• Family Law
• Professional Malpractice
• Personal Injury
• First Lieutenant, U. S. Army Artillery (1961-63)
• Former pilot and member of Aircraft Owners and Pilots
In his spare time, he enjoys golf, ocean fishing, snow skiing and the arts.
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the contents of this web site and any other statements contained herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be represented as legal advice in any way.