Linda Bulmash, Esq.
Case Manager: Dana Schuler
Tel: (310) 201-0010 Ext. 140
Expert Mediator, Arbitrator & Negotiator
Specializing in Resolving Highly Emotional Disputes
Ability. Determination. Success.
With a strong background in math, science and business, Linda Bulmash worked as a contract negotiator and provided oversight for sub-contractor materials contract compliance on the Space Shuttle and MX Missile programs prior to attending law school. Throughout her legal and mediation career Linda has brought that same unparalleled logic, understanding of human behavior and thirty plus years of business and legal experience to the table. She is now a recognized expert in negotiation and mediation and is known for her intelligence, determination, patience and ability to get even the most complex, highly emotional and contentious cases resolved.
During her legal career, Linda was a trial attorney representing both plaintiffs and defendants litigating employment; serious injury torts; business; real estate; professional malpractice; insurance coverage; and construction defect matters. She has argued three times before the California Court of Appeal. Linda interned with Hon. Vanetta Tassopoulis of the United States District Court.
Having successfully resolved over 1000 complex cases, Ms. Bulmash seamlessly blends her math, science and business background with her legal knowledge, trial experience and understanding of human behavior to create a dynamic mediation process and win the trust of the parties and legal counsel. She is particularly adept at resolving complex and emotional disputes involving employment, serious injury torts/product liability, professional liability, partnership dissolutions, business/contract issues, real estate, and insurance coverage matters.
She is honored to be an Adjunct Professor of Law at Loyola Law School teaching negotiation and that the Los Angeles County Bar Association asked her to create an on-line monthly newsletter, One Minute Negotiation Tips, that is received by all members of the bar association.
• Full Time Mediator since 1998
• Adjunct Professor of Law, Loyola Law School, Introduction to Negotiations
• Board of Governors, Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2009-2010
• “One Minute Negotiation Tips”, monthly on-line column for LACBA
• Co-Chair, Retreat Committee, LACBA Labor & Employment Section (2008)
• Chair, Labor & Employment Section, Beverly Hills Bar Association (2007-08)
• Member, Board of Governors, California Dispute Resolution Council (CDRC)
• Hearing Officer, Los Angeles Civil Service Commission
• Program Committee, Labor & Employment Section, Los Angeles County Bar Association
• Member, Board of Governors, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (2001-02)
• Panelist, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution/Pepperdine University Master’s Forum (2002), “Mediating Complex
• Chair, Practice Development Committee, American Bar Association, Dispute Resolution Section
• Monthly columnist: “Negotiate Like The Winners”, Los Angeles Daily Journal
• Faculty, American Bar Association, Mediation/Negotiation Training for Judges
• Faculty, Los Angeles County Bar, Dispute Resolution Services, Mediation/Negotiation Training
• Member, Los Angeles County Superior Court ADR Committee
• Contributor: Los Angeles Superior Court Volunteer Mediator Handbook.
During her legal career, Linda Bulmash was a trial attorney representing both plaintiffs and defendants litigating employment/workplace (including sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination); serious injury torts and product liability; partnership dissolutions; business; real estate; professional malpractice; insurance coverage; construction defect matters. She has argued three times before the California Court of Appeal. Linda interned with Hon. Vanetta Tassopoulis of the United States District Court.
• University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1965
• Whittier Law School, Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, 1985 (Editor, Law Review; Moot Court Honors Board)
OUTSTANDING ADR ACHIEVEMENTS
In 1999, Linda was honored and recognized by the County of Los Angeles for her expertise and contributions in dispute resolution. That same year she also received the Griffin Bell Award from Dispute Resolution Services of the Los Angeles County Bar. Linda is one of the few attorneys to be honored to sit on the Los Angeles Superior Court ADR Committee to help design the court program.
Acknowledged as an expert in the field, Loyola Law School invited her to be an Adjunct Professor of Law teaching Introduction to Negotiation; the Los Angeles County Bar Association invited her to write a monthly column, “One Minute Negotiation Tips”; and the Los Angeles Daily Journal engaged her to write a monthly column, Negotiate Like The Winners.
During her legal career Linda Bulmash has spoken at conferences and has been published numerous times primarily on the subjects of negotiation and ADR.
ADR DESIGN and IMPLEMENTATION
Linda Bulmash has been actively involved in the design and development of ADR systems and negotiation programs since the early 1990s. A sampling of her programs appears below.
• Designer/Trainer, “Maximizing Your Client’s Success In Mediation”, Los Angeles County Bar Association, 2003, 2004
• Faculty, American Bar Association, “Mediation Training for Judges”, February, 2001
• Designer/Trainer, “Negotiating Legal Disputes,” Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
• Designer/Panelist, “Negotiate Like the Winners,” Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1998, 1999, 2000
• Designer/Trainer, “Advocating Effectively for Your Client in Mediation,” Los Angeles County Bar Association, 1999,
• Trainer, “Getting More ‘Yes’,” Society of Professionals In Human Resource (PIHRA), 40th Annual Convention, 1997
• Sexual Harassment/Discrimination Prevention Training, various corporations, 1994 - present
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the contents of this web site and any other statements contained herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be represented as legal advice in any way.