Alexander Robertson IV, Esq.
Case Manager: Chelsea Mangel
Tel: (310) 201-0010 Ext. 137
Alexander Robertson IV, Esq. has a distinguished reputation in construction litigation in which he has represented both claimants and defendants for nearly two decades. Known as a "straight shooter", he has achieved a reputation for honesty, integrity and as someone who is able to quickly grasp complex technical issues given his hands on experience in the construction industry. These qualities make him the ideal choice when selecting a neutral for any construction dispute.
Senior Partner, ROBERTSON & VICK, LLP
Senior Partner of a multi-jurisdictional litigation practice that specializes in the representation of commercial and residential owners, homeowner associations, contractors, design professionals, public entities, casinos and hotels in construction defect, construction claims, real estate and toxic mold litigation
Managing Partner, ROBERTSON VICK & CAPELLA, LLP
July 2001-November 2002
Managing Partner of firm with a civil litigation practice that specialized in construction defect litigation, construction claims, real estate and toxic mold claims representing consumers, building owners, public entities and contractors.
Founding & Managing Partner, KNOPFLER & ROBERTSON, LLP
January 1993 - June 2001
Civil litigation practice that specialized in construction defect litigation, construction claims, real estate and toxic mold claims representing consumers, building owners, public entities and contractors. Prior to 2000 firm specialized in construction defect litigation on behalf of contractors, insurers, developers, subcontractors, design professionals and homeowners.
Founding Partner, NEGELE KNOPFLER PIERSON & ROBERTSON
March 1987 - December 1992
Founding partner in this civil litigation law firm that specialized in the defense of construction defect cases and related insurance matters.
Assistant General Manager, ALEX ROBERTSON COMPANY GENERAL CONTRACTORS
Prior to 1986
Mr. Robertson's experience includes estimating, field foreman, superintendent and manager of the Underground division for this $20 Million general construction company.
Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, CA
Juris Doctor, May 1986
Honors: Moot Court Honor Board, Pepperdine University School of Law
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, December, 1982
Awards and Honors
- AV Rating Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Presidential Award of Merit; Consumer Attorneys of California, November 2000
- Trench's Soldier Award, Consumer Attorneys of California, March 2000
- Admitted to California Supreme Court, 1986
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Central District, 1986
- Admitted to U.S. Claims Court, 1987
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeal, 9th Circuit, 1988
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1989
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1989
- Admitted to U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1989
- Admitted to Colorado Supreme Court, 1997
- Admitted to Texas Supreme Court, 2000
- Admitted to Nevada Supreme Court, 2004
- Indoor Environmental Institute, Member (Legal Subcommittee and Joint IICRC IEI Mold Remediation Standard Committee), 2002
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Board of Governors, State Co-Chair Construction Defect Committee (1999-2001)
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA)
- National Panel of Arbitrators, American Arbitration Association (Construction and Complex Case Panels)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI), Amicus Curiae Team, 1998-2000
- California Association of Community Managers (CACM)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Construction Law Forum Committee (1986-1990)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors of California, Underground Contractors Committee (1986-1990)
- Engineering Contractors Association (1986-1993)
- Southern California Contractors Association (1987-1993)
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- The Beavers (an honorary organization in the heavy engineering/construction industry) 1982-1996)
Numerous media appearances, articles and lectures.
This page was last modified in February 2012
Disclaimer: Please be advised that the contents of this web site and any other statements contained herein are for informational purposes only and are not intended to be represented as legal advice in any way.